Knowlton Library Hours
Resources for Genealogy
Whether you are looking for a long lost relative, old friend of the past or just want to read about the history of our area, you need to visit the Logan County Library's Local History Room. The room is located by the Reference area. We have resources tucked away in this quiet room which is perfect for the researcher. Inside the room you will find a copier, microfilm reader printer, a historical file, and a computer with a digital scanner for public use. If you have a specific Logan County-area genealogy or local history query, please email our reference staff.
These stories are from the Northwest Ohio Narratives oral history project. The total project includes more than 100 interviews that the Northwest Regional Library System and its member libraries have been collaborating on since the summer of 2006.
A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet, your genealogical research portal onto the Internet.
Ellis Island records from 1892-1924.
FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service
Contains the Ancestry File, the IGI, and some links to family-name sites. Register to add a link, add your own site, or collaborate with others on a project. From the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints.
A resource for finding the final resting place of family, friends & famous individuals.
Genealogy in Logan County, Ohio
- Roots Web - Discover your story in the world's largest online family history resource.
- Logan County Museum
- Logan County Digital Collection on the Ohio Memory Scrapbook
The Official Federal Land Records site.
Listing of ship passenger lists
Genealogical guide for those interested in exploring their Irish heritage. Trace the roots of your surname, pinpoint your place of origin, and for a fee get a personalized guide to the records relevant to your ancestors. From Ireland.com.
National Archives and Records Administration
This web site is packed with finding aids, practical tips, articles from
Prologue magazine, forms, and hundreds of other items that will answer
all your questions.
- Atlas/Plat maps: Logan & Hardin County
- Bellefontaine City Directories: 1923-2008 (incomplete)
- Biographical histories of Logan County: 1880, 1902, 1920, 1982
- Logan County Area Telephone Books: 1936-present (incomplete)
- Logan County Birth & Death Records indexes 1909-present
- Logan County Census: 1840, 1870, 1920
- Logan County Directories: 1916-2007 (incomplete)
- Logan County Marriage Record Index 1818-1854
- Logan County Museum
- Obituaries: 1966-2010
- Ohio Historical Society Archives Library
- Oral history DVDs
Roots Web @ ancestry.com
Baskins History of Logan County
OPLIN online research databases
Ohio Death Index
Sanborn fire insurance maps
Ohio Memory: An Online Scrapbook
County-by-County in Ohio Genealogy
- Federal Population Census Index for Ohio: 1820, 1830, 1850, 1860, 1880
- First Stop for Local History Research/A Guide to County Records
- Guide to Local Government Records and Newspapers Preserved (WSU)
- Guide to Manuscript Collections and Institutional records in Ohio
- Guide to Ohio Newspapers: 1793-1972
- Harper Guide to Draper Manuscripts
- Ohio Archeological and Historical Publications: 31 volumes
- Ohio Census Populations Schedules in Ohio Libraries
- Ohio Guide to Genealogical Sources by Bell
- Ancestry's Redbook for American State, County, and Town Sources
- DAR Patriot Index (Centennial Edition): 3 volumes
- Federal Population Census (a catalog of microfilm copies of the schedules): 1790-1890, 1900, 1910
- Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives
- The Source, A Guidebook for American Genealogy
- Genealogist Address Book
U.S. & Foreign Resources
- In Search of Your European Roots
- Pennsylvania-German Immigrants, 1709-1786
- Scotch-Irish of Colonial Pennsylvania
- Church Histories
- Family Histories
- Cemetery records: Logan County & other surrounding counties
- County Histories: Auglaize, Belmont, Champaign, Clark, Hardin, Logan, Miami, Shelby
- Military Records
- Local author titles
- Branches and Twigs, 1979-Present
- Echoes, kept three years
- Genealogical Helper, for three years
- Logan County Children's Home Inmates: 1886-1934
- Federal Population Census for Logan County: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 & 1890 Union Veterans Census
- Various Logan County & Bellefontaine newspapers: 1871-present (within six months)
- DeGraff Journal 1894-1951
- West Liberty Banner 1882-1894
- Computer with digital scanner
- Microfilm reader/printer
Local Historical and Genealogy Societies*